I wrote new tasks, templates using my AjGenesis code generation tool. I create a simple:
to generate a Django web site, with admin page. The code generation creates the model, and admin feature allows you to edit the data, using Sqlite. It’s simple, but it is working. Next steps: create custom views, and a new project to generate Flask web site.
I added text area input fields to https://github.com/ajlopez/AjGenesisNode-Express the project that generates Express/Node.js web site from a model. Next steps: client-side validation, better server code organization, some initial tests.
I want to integrate these tools in a online app, so I started https://github.com/ajlopez/AjGenesisNodeServer to have a web site that generate codes from a model, defined at client side. You will select technology (Express, PHP, Sinatra, Django, Flask, …), the models (mainly, entities like: customer, supplier, department, employee, invoice… ), the database, the features (multiple pages, single page, angular? backbone? other?, REST API?, phonegap wrapper?), and voila. A zip will be generated with the generated solution. That is, code generation as a service. Maybe I could add an API to be externally consumed.
I added a Flask web site example, work in progress, to my Python Samples:
I will use as a basis for my AjGenesis code generation version for Flask web sites.
Actor Model in C#
I refactored my project
an Akka-like actor model implemented in C#. Now, I have a mailbox per actor, but the actor message process is executed consuming task from a queue, with n thread launched by the initial actor system. It was good to see such refactor working: all is in place, now. It is a proof that you don’t need to design everything before coding. If you follow TDD (Test-Driven Development) new ideas (or old ideas that have not implemented yet) can be added without much effort.
Erlang in C#
I started to add serialization of message to my project
As usual, I started simple, using TDD: write input and out channel, using tests, red to green, refactoring. Instead of consuming an external library for serialization, I wrote a simple code, towards my first use case of distributed application. When the use case will be in place, I could start to think about other implementation path.
Google Code Jam
Past Saturday, I participated in Google Code Jam, Qualification Round. My code, usually written following TDD:
The Minesweeper problem is the tricky one. I should add the description of the problems, copying it from the original site.
More fun is coming.
Angel “Java” Lopez